The eye, the hand, the mind : 100 years of the College Art Association / edited by Susan Ball.
- Additional Title(s):
100 years of the College Art Association
One hundred years of the College Art Association
- New York : College Art Association ; c2011.
New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 330 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryN11.C575 E9 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- College Art Association (U.S.)
- Introduction / Susan Ball
- The Learned Society Enterprise / Steven C. Wheatley
- The beginnings : "art for higher education, and higher education for artists" / Susan Ball
- A stimulating prospect : CAA's traveling exhibition program, 1929-1937 / Cristin Tierney
- Cooperative relationships with museums / Barry Pritzker
- The changing face of scholarly publishing : CAA's publications program / Craig Houser
- Uniting the arts and the academy : a history of the CAA annual conference / Julia A. Sienkewicz
- Mentoring the profession : career development and support / Ofelia Garcia
- Art in an academic setting : contemporary CAA exhibitions / Ellen K. Levy
- CAA, pedagogy and curriculum : a historical effort, an unparalleled wealth of ideas / Matthew Israel
- Visual resources for the arts / Christine l. Sundt
- Governance and diversity / Judith K. Brodsky, Mary D. Garrard, Ferris Olin
- CAA advocacy : the nexus of art and politics / Karen J. Leader
- Conclusion. CAA : the next 100 years / Paul B. Jaskot
- Appendix A. Purposes of the College Art Association
- Appendix B. Presidents of the College Art Association
- Appendix C. Administrators of the College Art Association
- Appendix D. Editors of the publications of the College Art Association.