The eye, the hand, the mind , c2011
- The eye, the hand, the mind : 100 years of the College Art Association / edited by Susan Ball.
- Alternate Title(s):
- 100 years of the College Art Association
One hundred years of the College Art Association
- New York : College Art Association ; c2011.
New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- x, 330 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryN11.C575 E9 2011 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction / Susan Ball -- The Learned Society Enterprise / Steven C. Wheatley -- The beginnings : "art for higher education, and higher education for artists" / Susan Ball -- A stimulating prospect : CAA's traveling exhibition program, 1929-1937 / Cristin Tierney -- Cooperative relationships with museums / Barry Pritzker -- The changing face of scholarly publishing : CAA's publications program / Craig Houser -- Uniting the arts and the academy : a history of the CAA annual conference / Julia A. Sienkewicz -- Mentoring the profession : career development and support / Ofelia Garcia -- Art in an academic setting : contemporary CAA exhibitions / Ellen K. Levy -- CAA, pedagogy and curriculum : a historical effort, an unparalleled wealth of ideas / Matthew Israel -- Visual resources for the arts / Christine l. Sundt -- Governance and diversity / Judith K. Brodsky, Mary D. Garrard, Ferris Olin -- CAA advocacy : the nexus of art and politics / Karen J. Leader -- Conclusion. CAA : the next 100 years / Paul B. Jaskot -- Appendix A. Purposes of the College Art Association -- Appendix B. Presidents of the College Art Association -- Appendix C. Administrators of the College Art Association -- Appendix D. Editors of the publications of the College Art Association.
- Subject Terms:
- College Art Association (U.S.)