Lithographic views / from drawings by T. Binns.
- Kirkby Lonsdale : Arthur Foster, 1836.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.C37 B56 1836+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The plates are the same as those printed in Abbey Scenery 90. In the present issue they are printed as proofs, on India paper. Imprint also varies.
Lithography by Louis Haghe; after T.B. Binns. Plates printed by Day & Haghe.
"Proofs, price 14s."--Cover.
"The profits will be given to the Clergy Daughters' School."--Cover.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 91
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed gray wrappers. Inscribed: Janet Duke, a reward for diligence & perseverance with her music, CDS, Casterton, July 5th, 1841. Cased with Abbey Scenery 90.
- Subject Terms:
- Casterton (England) -- Pictorial works.CDS -- Pres. insc. to Janet Duke, Casterton, July 5th, 1841Day & Haghe -- Printer.Duke, Janet -- Pres. insc. from CDS, Casterton, July 5th, 1841Foster, Arthur -- Publisher.L. and G. Seeley -- Publisher.Landscapes -- England -- Casterton.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1836.
- Casterton Hall, from Lady's Well
- From the Moss House in Casterton Wood
- Underley, from Casterton Wood
- On the Lune, looking up the river
- Kirkby Lonsdale, from Casterton Lane
- Whittington Rectory
- Clergy Daughters' School, and the Chapel, Casterton
- Casteron Chapel
- On the Coast, Silverdale
- On the Coast, Silverdale.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.