Milton, John, 1608-1674, The poetical works of John Milton , 
The poetical works of John Milton / from the text of Thomas Newton ; with illustrations by William Harvey.
- Additional Title(s):
- A new edition, carefully revised
- London ; George Routledge and Sons, 
New York : George Routledge and Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- viii, 570 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3551 .N3 1853Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Preface by Theodore Alois Buckley. Date of publication from preface.
With wood engraved plates by Dalziel; after William Harvey.
Printed by Ballantyne and Hanson.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled black calf. Stamped in gilt on front cover: Cambridge University Local Examinations. Girls. Hastings & St. Leonards Centre. Label pasted to verso of front cover: Cambridge Local Examinations. Hastings & St. Leonards Centre. Girls. Prize for satisfactory examinations awarded to Lucy Weld. [Signed]: J.R. Stewart. Binders label: Bound by Daniel & Co. St. Leonards-on-Sea.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballantyne and Hanson -- Printer.Cambridge Local Examinations -- Prize award to Lucy Weld.Daniel & Co. -- Bookbinder.George Routledge and Sons -- Publisher.Milton, John, 1608-1674.Weld, Lucy -- Prize award from Cambridge Local Examinations.
- Prize bindings (Binding)
Prize books (Provenance)
Wood engravings -- 1853.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.