A catalogue of curious and true original pictures, by the best Italian and other masters : viz. Mich. Angelo, Lucas Jordans, Vanderdoes, Vanzon, Burguignon, Hondecoeter, Saftleven, Brower, Rubens, Polenbergh, Dobson, Wyck, Wenix, Baptist, Huisman, &c. : will be sold by auction at the Marlborough Coffee-House the corner of Great Marlborough-Street, on Thursday next, being the 7th of this instant February, 1712 : the sale to begin exactly at three a clock in the afternoon, and must be all sold off that day : the pictures may be seen on the Tuesday and Wednesday before, and catalogues had gratis, at the place of sale.
- [London] : [Marlborough Coffee House], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) ; 36 x 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 9Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Broadside advertisement, printed in two columns, with a list of 94 pictures to be sold. For most items on the list, the artist is named (e.g. "62 A curious piece of Italian fruit by Gasperini").
In addition to the artists named in the caption title, the auction features works by Sir Peter Lely; Mankendam; Vandevelde; Long Franck; Roostrate; Peter Codder; Vangaalen; Hemskirk; Marco; Laroon; Wilson; Salvator Rosa; "a disciple of Guido"; "old de Heem;" de Ryck; Polenbergh; Castro; Berchet; Casteels; Henry (after Poussine); Beneditto Castiglione; Bramer; Teniers; Hughtenbergh; Meirens; Gasperini; Ostade; du Bois; Cornelius van Marlen; Fabritius; Philip Van As; Lingerbock; Vario; G. Kneller; Henny; Versprung; Harmans; Varelst; Mompert; Lutterell; and Verbruggen.
"Note, that at the same place there are two dozen bottles of right Drogheda usquebaugh, lately arrived, which will be sold the whole or single bottles, at reasonable rates."
- Subject Terms:
- Auction -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Coffeehouses -- England -- London -- 18th century.Marlborough Coffee House (London, England)Painting -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- England -- London -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Painting, Dutch -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.Painting, Italian -- Catalogs -- Early works to 1800.
- Auction catalogs.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Marlborough Coffee House (London, England), A catalogue of curious and true original pictures, by the best Italian and other masters , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.