Excerpts from the Four books on architecture / Andrea Palladio ; translated by Robert Tavernor & Richard Schofield.
- Additional Title(s):
Quattro libri dell'architettura. 1o libro. English. Selections
- Bremen, Maine ; Red Angel Press, 2008.
New York City : Red Angel Press, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- , 14,  p. (last leaf folded) : ill. ; 44 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2019 22Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Neale Albert, Yale JD 1961, and Margaret AlbertAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "From the First book on architecture": p.  in front.
Includes a plan, elevation, and cast paper sculpture of La Rotonda (Villa Almerico-Capra).
Double spine binding, with two facing gatherings designed to be read sequentially across both gatherings, opening by opening.
Cast paper sculpture mounted on shared inner back cover.
"Fifty copies of this book were printed ... Set by hand, the type is Bembo (named for 16th C. Italian cardinal and scholar, Pietro Bembo) for the text and subtitles, Caslon for the title. This was printed on dampened Italian made Fabriano Artistico paper. The central image of La Rotonda is of cast paper. Concept and artwork, as well as typesetting and printing, were done by Ronald Keller."--Colophon.
AOB has copy no. 26 signed by Ronald Keller, designer.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 19 of 50, numbered and signed by Keller in graphite.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Keller, Ronald -- Autograph.Villa Rotonda (Vicenza, Italy)
- Cast paper prints.
YCBA Collections Search
Palladio, Andrea, 1508-1580, Excerpts from the Four books on architecture , 2008
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.