Stace, Clive A, New flora of the British Isles , 2010
- New flora of the British Isles / Clive Stace ; with illustrations mainly by Hilli Thompson ; enhancement of illustrations and desk-top publishing by Margaret Stace.
- 3rd ed.
- Cambridge ; Cambridge University Press, 2010.
New York : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xxxii, 1232 p. : ill., map ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryQK306 .S78 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. [xxv]-xxvii) and index.
"All the native and naturalised plants of the British Isles plus all hybrids are included. Keys are provided for identification, as well as descriptions, Latin and English names and important synonyms. Ecology and distribution are also included, making it a complete practical database. This new edition, building on the advances of the 1991 edition, has been revised throughout to ensure that the work is fully up-to-date. Over 100 species and subspecies have been added, together with numerous extra hybrids, bringing the total number of taxa covered to over 4500"--NHBS Environment Bookstore.
- Subject Terms:
- Plants -- British Isles -- Identification.