Bell, Charles, Sir, 1774-1842, Essays on the anatomy and philosophy of expression, 1824
Essays on the anatomy and philosophy of expression by Charles Bell.
- 2d ed.
- London, John Murray, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., [vii]-xviii p., 1 ., 218 p. ill., 6 plates (1 fold.) 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC760 B4 1824+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : "Printed by Thomas Davison."
BAC : Some plates and illus. engraved by John Stewart, Thomas Landseer, Edward Scriven, and Freeman, after drawings by the author.
First ed. published under title: Essays on the anatomy of expression in painting; later editions published under title: The anatomy and philosophy of expression.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy, Artistic.Emotions in art.Expression.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.