The emigrant's guide to New Brunswick, British North America / By the Rev. Christ. Atkinson, A.M., late pastor of Mascreen Kirk, St. George, New Brunswick.
- Berwick-upon-Tweed : Printed at the Warder Office, 1842
- Physical Description:
- iv, 124 pages, ( leaves of plates,  folded) : illustrations, portraits, maps ; 17 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF1042 .A85 1842Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispieceis a portrait of Rev. Christopher Atkinson lithographed by Campbell.
Second edition published title: A guide to New Brunswick. 1843. Third edition under title: A historical and statistical account of New Brunswick, B.N.A., 1844.
Map titled 'Sketch of the River St. John, with the contiguous country.' Also published, with slight variations, in author's 'A historical and statistical account of New-Brunswick,' the 3rd edition of this work, in 1844.
Statistical information on United States: pages 120-124.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue embossed cloth. Includes the apology for omission of errata slip facing page 124.
- Subject Terms:
- New Brunswick -- Description and travelNew Brunswick -- Emigration and immigration.United States -- History.Warder Office -- Printer.
- Engravings -- 1842.
Lithographs -- 1842.
YCBA Collections Search
Atkinson, Christopher W. (Christopher William), The emigrant's guide to New Brunswick, British North America , 1842
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.