The bottle / by George Cruikshank.
- Philadelphia : Published by Geo. Gebbie, 730 Sansom St., 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 x 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 39Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from text on leaf : "... at the time of writing (1871) ..."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black half morocco and printed pink boards. In red cloth slip-case.
Includes eight lithographs by Cruikshank, each captioned with letterpress on the verso of the facing leaf. The title page is also lithographed.
- Subject Terms:
- Alcoholism -- Pictorial works.Drinking customs -- Caricatures and cartoons.Temperance -- Pictorial works.
Satires (Visual works) -- England -- 1871.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.