Explanation of the view of the interior of the city of Paris : now exhibiting in the large circle, no. 1, North Eleventh Street, Philadelphia.
- Additional Title(s):
Caption title: Explanation of the view of the city of Paris.
- Philadelphia : Printed by P.M. Lafourcade, N.W. corner of Second and Race Streets, 1818.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC707 .B37 1818Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date precedes place of printing on title page.
Describing the panorama by Henry Aston Barker.
Engraved plate has title: Explanation of the view of Paris, taken from the Thuileries, now exhibiting in the large circle of the Panorama House. Open from ten till dusk, 1818. P.M. Lafourcade, printer.
Shaw & Shoemaker 43982
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in later brown quarter morocco and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Exhibitions -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.Panoramas -- France -- Paris.Paris (France) -- Description and travel.Paris (France) -- In art.
- Wood engravings -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
Barker, Henry Aston, 1774-1856, Explanation of the view of the interior of the city of Paris , 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.