Alcorn, Robert Hayden, 1909-, Riding high , 1953
- Riding high / by Robert Hayden Alcorn ; illustrated by Michael Lyne.
- New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 254 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF301 .A43 1953Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Robert Alcorn's enthusiam, from early boyhood onwards, has been horses. In Riding High, he tells us about his life so far with the horses and ponies he has owned, ridden and hunted, and the people connected with them."--Dust jacket.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blue-green cloth. With author's presentation inscription to Bunny & Paul Mellon.
- Subject Terms:
- Alcorn, Bob -- Presentation inscription to Bunny and Paul Mellon.Horse racing -- United States.Horsemen and horsewomen -- Biography.Horsemen and horsewomen -- Correspondence, reminiscences, etc.Horses -- Training.Mellon, Bunny -- Presentation inscription from Robert Hayden Alcorn.Mellon, Paul -- Presentation inscription from Robert Hayden Alcorn.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1953.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.