IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alcorn, Robert Hayden, 1909-, Riding high , 1953
Riding high / by Robert Hayden Alcorn ; illustrated by Michael Lyne.
- New York : G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1953.
- Physical Description:
- 254 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF301 .A43 1953Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blue-green cloth. With author's presentation inscription to Bunny & Paul Mellon.
"Robert Alcorn's enthusiam, from early boyhood onwards, has been horses. In Riding High, he tells us about his life so far with the horses and ponies he has owned, ridden and hunted, and the people connected with them."--Dust jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Alcorn, Bob -- Presentation inscription to Bunny and Paul Mellon.Horse racing -- United States.Horsemen and horsewomen -- Biography.Horsemen and horsewomen -- Correspondence, reminiscences, etc.Horses -- Training.Mellon, Bunny -- Presentation inscription from Robert Hayden Alcorn.Mellon, Paul -- Presentation inscription from Robert Hayden Alcorn.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1953.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.