Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, The beauties and defects in the figure of the horse,, 
The beauties and defects in the figure of the horse, comparatively delineated by H. Alken in a series of coloured plates.
- London, S. and J. Fuller 
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ℓ., 2,  p. 18 col. pl. 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 33Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2014 +18: Autograph of F. Colvile.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Original printed greyish-brown boards; printed in black on the front and back covers (pictorial printing on both covers is the same that is printed on the title-page). Spine height: 10 1/2 inches. In brown cloth slip-case; dark brown leather label with gold lettering on spine. Title-page, uncolored etching on title-page, 18 plates of hand-colored softground etchings. Printed on plate paper by the intaglio technique. Spine height: 11 3/4 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Colvile, F. -- Autograph.Horses.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.