Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, How to qualify for a Meltonian , 1819
How to qualify for a Meltonian : addressed to all would-be Meltonians.
- London : S. & J. Fuller, 1819.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 6 leaves of plates : col ill. ; 25 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 60Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Introductory text signed: Ben Tally-Ho.
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, 10
Siltzer, F. Story of British sporting prints, p.58
Tooley, R.V. English books with coloured plates, 1790-1860, 29
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound in gilt-tooled red morocco, by Riviere & Son. Armorial bookplates: R.N.H. Moore Stevens; Alain de Suzannet.
Engravings of equestrian scenes.
- Subject Terms:
- English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fox hunting -- Pictorial works.Horse sports -- Pictorial works.S. & J. Fuller -- Publisher.Stevens, R. N. H. Moore -- Bookplate.Suzannet, Alain de -- Bookplate.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
- 1. How to go to cover
- 2. How to appear at cover
- 3. How to ride down hill
- 4. How to take a leap
- 5. How to go thro' an overflow
- 6. How to take the lead.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.