Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, Illustrations for landscape scenery , 1821
Illustrations for landscape scenery / by Henry Alken.
- London : Published by S. and J. Fuller, at the Temple of Fancy, 34, Rathbone-Place. Pinted by L. Harrison, 373, Strand, 1821.
- Physical Description:
-  leaf, 24 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 x 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .A45 1821+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .A45 1821+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 110
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 89
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Plate are hand-colored. Bound in later dark green half morocco and marbled boards, by Bayntun-Rivière.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 plates are uncolored. Bound in contemporary dark brown half morocco and brown cloth. Signed in manuscript: W.H. Harford, Oldown House.
- Subject Terms:
- Carriages and carts -- Pictorial works.Harford, W.H. -- Autograph.Horses -- Pictorial works.Landscape drawing -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1821.
Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1821.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.