Anderson, Edward L. (Edward Lowell), 1842-1916, Vice in the horse , MDCCCLXXXVI 
- Vice in the horse : and other papers on horses and riding / by Edward L. Anderson ; author of "Modern Horsemanship," etc. etc.
- Edinburgh : David Douglas, MDCCCLXXXVI 
[Edinburgh] : Printed by T. and A. Constable, printers to Her Majesty, at the Edinburgh University Press, 
- Physical Description:
- , 67,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .A536 1886Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved vignette on title page by John Le Conte.
Publisher's advertisement: page .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red quarter roan and printed boards. Bookplate: F.C. Palmer.
- Vice in the horse -- On the value of books on riding -- What schooling will do for a horse -- The intelligence of the horse -- Shoeing the saddle-horse -- The test of horsemanship -- How to buy a horse -- A model riding-school -- The changes in the gallop.
- Subject Terms:
- Horsemanship.Horses.Palmer, F. C. -- Bookplate.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1886.
Engravings -- 1886.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.