Hound, horse, hoof and turf / by Tom Andrews ("Gin and Beer") ; (a medley of sporting and horse and cattle dealing memoirs) ; edited and with an introduction by J. Fairfax-Blakeborough.
- Worcester : Ebenezer Baylis, The Trinity Press, Worcester, 1934.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 11-167,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK185 .A533 1934Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Includes index.
Last page blank.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 411
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original red cloth; with dust jacket. With a presentation inscription from the author to Fairfax Blakeborough, May 2nd 1934. Removed to accompanying folder:  ALS from Alfred Pease to Blakeborough, May 17, 1934;  Incomplete letter from an unidentified writer (Burngreave, Pitsmoor, Sheffield), to Blakeborough, 19 May 1934;  various clippings concerning Andrews, etc.
- Subject Terms:
- Andrews, Tom -- Presentation inscription to J. Fairfax-Blakeborough.Baylis, Ebenezer -- Publisher.Fairfax-Blakeborough, J. (John), 1883- -- Presentation inscription from Tom Andrews.Fox hunting -- England -- Anecdotes.Horse racing -- England -- Anecdotes.Horses -- England.Hunting -- England -- Anecdotes.Trinity Press -- Publisher.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1934.
- Introduction by J. Fairfax-Blakeborough
- I. Fairs, dealers and love affairs
- II. More Welsh, and sporting memories and stories
- III. Ledbury Hunt memories
- IV. Worcestershire and Croome Hunt memories
- V. Some turf memories
- VI. Memories about horses and yeomen
- VII. English hounds and Welsh hounds.