Astley's system of equestrian education : exhibiting the beauties and defects of the horse, with serious and important observations on his general excellence, preserving him in health, grooming, &c. : with plates.
- Additional Title(s):
System of equestrian education
- The seventh edition.
- Dublin : Printed and published by Thomas Burnside, No. 10, Lower Liffey-Street, and sold by the principal booksellers in the United Kingdom, 1802.
- Physical Description:
- , xii, 197,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285 .A88 1802Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Frontispiece is an engraved portrait of Philip Astley by J. Smith.
"Price 6s. 6d."
Page xvi misnumbered xii.
Publisher's advertisements: pages - at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf and marbled paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Horses -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Horses -- Training -- Great Britain -- 19th century.
- Engravings -- 1802.
YCBA Collections Search
Astley, Philip, 1742-1814, Astley's system of equestrian education , 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.