Baker, Ezekiel, 1758-1836, Remarks on rifle guns , 1835
- Remarks on rifle guns : being the result of sixty years' practice and observation : with specific remarks on fowling pieces, the percussion lock, and fire-arms in general : to which are subjoined descriptions of a new bullet mould and clipper, various improvements in gun and door locks, and spring bolts : a description of fire-arms deposited in the Royal Arsenal at Woolwich, including all the improvements and inventions for which three silver medals have been awarded by the Society of Arts : together with tables of weights of balls, descriptive plates, &c. / by Ezekiel Baker ; gun and rifle maker to His Majesty, the Honorable Board of Ordnance, and the Honorable East India Company.
- The eleventh edition.
- London : Printed by Joseph Mallett, 59, Wardour Street, Soho : Sold by Smith, Elder, and Co. Cornhill : and E. Baker and Son, 24, Whitechapel Road, 1835.
- Physical Description:
- 269,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS533.4.G7 B37 1835Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece etched by Barlow.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red roan (?) and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- E. Baker and Son -- Bookseller.Firearms -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Mallett, Joseph -- Printer.Rifles -- Great Britain -- History.Rifles -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.