Bartlet, J. (John), 1716?-1772, The gentleman's farriery, or, A practical treatise, on the diseases of horses , MDCCLIV 
- The gentleman's farriery, or, A practical treatise, on the diseases of horses : wherein the best writers on that subject have been consulted, and M. La Fosse's method of trepanning glander'd horses is particularly consider'd and improved : also, a new method of nicking horses is recommended ; with a copper-plate and description of the machine / by J. Bartlet, surgeon.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Gentleman's farriery
Practical treatise, on the diseases of horses
- The second edition improved.
- London : Printed for John Nourse, against Catherine-Street, in the Strand ; and Joseph Pote, at Eton, MDCCLIV 
- Physical Description:
- , xxiv, 357,  pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .B37 1754Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a half-title and a final leaf of advertisements.
Signatures: pi² A⁴ a⁴ b⁴ B-2A⁸.
English short title catalog, T88528
Blake, J. NLM 18th cent., p. 32
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 52
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks half-title. Bound in gilt-tooled calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Anatomy -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Diseases -- Treatment -- Early works to 1800.La Fosse, Étienne-Guillaume, -1765.Veterinary medicine -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1754.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.