The gentleman's farriery, or, A practical treatise, on the diseases of horses : wherein the best writers on that subject have been consulted, and M. La Fosse's method of trepanning glander'd horses is particularly consider'd and improved : also, a new method of nicking horses is recommended ; with a copper-plate and description of the machine / by J. Bartlet, surgeon.
- Additional Title(s):
Practical treatise, on the diseases of horses
- The second edition improved.
- London : Printed for John Nourse, against Catherine-Street, in the Strand ; and Joseph Pote, at Eton, MDCCLIV 
- Physical Description:
- , xxiv, 357,  pages,  leaves of plates (1 folded) : illustrations ; 18 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .B37 1754Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a half-title and a final leaf of advertisements.
Signatures: pi² A⁴ a⁴ b⁴ B-2A⁸.
English short title catalogue, T88528
Short title catalogue of eighteenth century printed books in the National Library of Medicine p. 32
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 52
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks half-title. Bound in gilt-tooled calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Anatomy -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Diseases -- Treatment -- Early works to 1800.La Fosse, Étienne-Guillaume, -1765.Veterinary medicine -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1754.
YCBA Collections Search
Bartlet, J. (John), 1716?-1772, The gentleman's farriery, or, A practical treatise, on the diseases of horses , MDCCLIV 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.