Baskett, John, The horse in art , c1980
- The horse in art / John Baskett ; foreword by Paul Mellon.
- London : Weidenfeld and Nicolson, c1980.
- Physical Description:
- 160 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 69Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes index.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound in brown cloth with gold lettering on front cover and spine. In glossy white sleeve with pictures on front and back covers. Presentation copy, inscribed to Paul Mellon from John Baskett, July, 1980.
- The horse in ancient civilizations -- The early Oriental horse -- The medieval horse and the age of chivalry -- The Renaissance masters -- The age of the Baroque -- The late Oriental horse -- The eighteenth century -- The nineteenth century and the modern world.
- Subject Terms:
- Art.Baskett, John -- Pres. insc. to Paul Mellon, 7/1980.Horses in art.Mellon, Paul -- Pres. insc. from John Baskett, 7/1980.Weidenfeld and Nicolson -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.