Becker, Friedrich, writer on horses, The breed of the racehorse , 
- The breed of the racehorse : its developments and transformations / by Friedrich Becker author of the charts "The successful sire lines," and "The successful female lines in the breeding of the thoroughbred".
- [London] : Published by The British Bloodstock Agency, Ltd. 26, Charing Cross Road, London, W.C.2, 
- Physical Description:
- 267,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 221Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Publication date from colophon.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 436
BAC: British Art Center copy: Diagonal very fine rib-grain deep blue cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine. Plate of a halftone-photoengraving, 2 fold-out plates of charts. Spine height: 10 1/8 inches.
- I. Maternal versus paternal influence: matriarchy and patriarchy -- II. Inbreeding and outcrossing -- III. "Saturation" and congestion -- IV. Speed and stamina -- V. Juvenile racing -- VI. Bend Or and his influence -- VII. Changes in the positions of the sire lines in the period from 1925 to 1932 -- VIII. The time test and its value -- IX. Effects of soil and climate -- X. Selection -- Epilogue -- General Index.
- Subject Terms:
- Race horses -- Breeding -- History.Race horses -- Genetic aspects.Race horses -- Pedigrees.Thoroughbred horse -- Breeding -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.