Bodkin, Thomas, The noble science , c1948
- The noble science : John Leech in the hunting field, etc. / by Thomas Bodkin ; with an introduction by Sir Alfred Munnings.
- London : Collins, c1948.
- Physical Description:
- 31 p. : ill. ; 27 x 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Reproductions of famous hunting prints by John Leech.
"Colour plates printed photogravure by Bemrose and Sons Ltd. in Derby"--Verso of title page.
Text printed in two columns.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original black cloth; with dust jacket.
- John Leech : 1817-1864 -- "Don't move there! We shall clear you!" -- No consequence -- Our friend Tom Noddy has a date with the Brookside Harriers -- A friendly mount -- The noble science -- A frolic home after a blank day -- Where there's a will, there's a way -- "Hold hard, Master George ..." -- Master Reginald -- A capital finish -- Gone away -- "Come hup! I say-You ugly brute!" -- One of multum in Parvo's "going" days -- The old foxhunter.
- Subject Terms:
- Bemrose and Sons Ltd. -- Printer.Collins -- Publisher.Hunting in art.Leech, John, 1817-1864.Sporting prints.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1948.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.