IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bodkin, Thomas, The noble science , c1948
The noble science : John Leech in the hunting field, etc. / by Thomas Bodkin ; with an introduction by Sir Alfred Munnings.
- London : Collins, c1948.
- Physical Description:
- 31 p. : ill. ; 27 x 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Colour plates printed photogravure by Bemrose and Sons Ltd. in Derby"--Verso of title page.
Text printed in two columns.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original black cloth; with dust jacket.
Reproductions of famous hunting prints by John Leech.
- Subject Terms:
- Bemrose and Sons Ltd. -- Printer.Collins -- Publisher.Hunting in art.Leech, John, 1817-1864.Sporting prints.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1948.
- John Leech : 1817-1864
- "Don't move there! We shall clear you!"
- No consequence
- Our friend Tom Noddy has a date with the Brookside Harriers
- A friendly mount
- The noble science
- A frolic home after a blank day
- Where there's a will, there's a way
- "Hold hard, Master George ..."
- Master Reginald
- A capital finish
- Gone away
- "Come hup! I say-You ugly brute!"
- One of multum in Parvo's "going" days
- The old foxhunter.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.