Brown, C. F., The turf expositor , 1829
- The turf expositor : containing the origin of horse racing, breeding for the turf, training, trainers, jockeys, cocktails, and the system of cocktail racing illustrated : the turf and its abuses : the science of betting money, so as always to come off a winner, elucidated by a variety of examples : the rules and laws of horse racing; and every other information connected with the operations of the turf / by C.F. Brown.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Half-title: Brown's turf expositor
- London : Published by Sherwood, Gilbert, and Piper, Paternoster Row, 1829.
- Physical Description:
- , x, , 180 pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF351 .B76 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Compton and Ritchie, printers, Cloth Fair, London."--Verso of half-title.
"Johnson, printer, Liverpool."--Foot of page 180.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green quarter cloth and grey paper boards; with printed spine label. Autograph: C.M. Birkenhead, 22 Manchester St.
- Subject Terms:
- Birkenhead, C. M. -- Autograph.Horse racing.Horse sports -- Great Britain.Horses -- Training.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.