Brown, Paul, 1893-1958, Aintree Grand Nationals, past and present , 1930
- Aintree Grand Nationals, past and present / by Paul Brown ; illustrated by the author ; introduction by Henry G. Vaughan, M.F.H.
- New York : The Derrydale Press, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, , 191,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF359.B76 A36 1930+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF359.B76 A36 1930+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
Title page printed in red and black; title vignette.
"Large paper edition 50 copies ; Regular edition 850 copies"--t.p. verso.
"This is copy No. ... of the large paper edition"--t.p. verso.
Page numbers are printed within square brackets.
Lage page is blank
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Siegel, H.A. The Derrydale Press a bibliography, 35
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 375
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is number 41 of 50 large paper copies. Bound in red morocco; tooled in gilt on front and back covers and spine, pictorial tooling of gold horseheads on front and back covers and spine, top edge gilt, untrimmed. With an original pencil drawing by the author on the half-title, above the author's inscription to Paul Mellon.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is from the regular edition (of 850 copies). Bound in red cloth; gold and brown decoration on front cover, gold lettering on front cover and spine.
- Introduction -- I. The origin and development of the Grand National -- II. The first 88 Grand Nationals -- III. The present course -- IV. Race day at Aintree -- V. The 1928 Grand National -- VI. The 1929 Grand National -- VII. The 1930 Grand National -- Appendix -- Index.
- Subject Terms:
- Brown, Paul, 1893-1958 -- Presentation inscription to Paul Mellon.Horse racing -- Great Britain -- History.Mellon, Paul -- Presentation inscription from Paul Mellon.Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- History.
- Graphite drawings.
Limitation statements (Publishing) -- United States -- 20th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.