The natural history of the horse : to which is added, that of the ass, bull, cow, ox, sheep, goat, and swine : with accurate descriptions of their several parts : and full directions for breeding, chusing, feeding, and improving, those useful creatures / translated from the French of the celebrated M. de Buffon.
- Additional Title(s):
Histoire naturelle. English. Selections
- London : Printed for R. Griffith's in the Strand, MDCCLXII 
- Physical Description:
- , ii, , 340 pages,  folded leaf of plates : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL737.U4 B84 1762Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Translation of selections from Buffon's Histoire naturelle.
Frontispiece engraved by Isaac Taylor; after J.B. Oudry.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Early works to 1800.Livestock -- Early works to 1800.Ungulates -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1762.
YCBA Collections Search
Buffon, Georges Louis Leclerc, comte de, 1707-1788, The natural history of the horse , MDCCLXII 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.