Newcastle, William Cavendish, Duke of, 1592-1676, A general system of horsemanship , 1970
- A general system of horsemanship / William Cavendish, Duke of Newcastle ; foreword by W.C. Steinkraus ; technical commentary by E. Schmit-Jensen.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Methode et invention nouvelle de dresser les chevaux. English
- A facsimile of the London edition of 1743.
- New York : Winchester Press, 1970.
- Physical Description:
- , viii, , 12-142,  p. : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .N4913 1743a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Facsimile title page: A general system of horsemanship in all it's branches: containing a faithful translation of that most noble and useful work of his Grace, William Cavendish, Duke of Newcastle, entitled, The manner of feeding, dressing, and training of horses for the great saddle ... With all the original copper-plates. Vol. I. London: Printed for J. Brindley, Bookseller to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales, in New Bond-Street. MDCCXLIII.
Translation of: Methode et invention nouvelle de dresser les chevaux.
Limited edition of 1450 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound in publisher's original brown cloth; with dust jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Dressage.Horsemanship.Winchester Press.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.