Crumbs from a sportsman's table / by Charles Clarke ; author of "Charlie Thornhill," and "Which is the winner," etc. etc. ; in two volumes.
- London : Chapman and Hall, 193, Piccadilly, 1865.
London : Bradbury and Evans, Printers, Whitefriars
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4453.C44 C78 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind- and gilt-stamped red cloth.
Short stories and essays, some of which are reprinted from various periodicals.
- Subject Terms:
- Sports stories.
- Part I. Cover-side sketches: My Uncle Scribble
- Our county member
- A popular man
- Parson Heathfield
- How Captain Guernsey and Mr. Bayard, and some few others, go to hounds
- The gentleman dealer, or Dick Crupperton's idea of seeing a good thing
- The professional dealer
- John Barleycorn and his friends
- Of Funkers and their habits
- Pip Lodge, and our friends from the metropolis
- The mysterious stranger
- Reminiscences of the spa
- Of ladies and their habits
- Part II. Road-side scrapings at home and abroad: Life of a hunter, an autobiography.