Cooper, Thomas Sidney, 1803-1902, Thomas Sydney Cooper's cattle subjects, [Published by E. Gambart & Co.],
Thomas Sydney Cooper's cattle subjects.
- Additional Title(s):
Sydney Cooper's Cattle Subjects
- [London], [Published by E. Gambart & Co.],
- Physical Description:
- 30 leaves of plates : ill. ; 35 x 54 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 18Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plates 1-6 carry the title at the head of the plate: Sydney Cooper's Cattle Subjects. No. 1(-6). Plates 7-30, the title: Thomas Sydney Cooper's Cattle subjects. No.7(-30).
Some of the plate are signed: Lith. by J. West Giles.
Publisher and place of publication from plate 3.
Date of publication from Sartin.
Plates 5 is misnumbered '6'.
Sartin, S. Thomas Sidney Cooper, p. 51
Snelgrove, D. British sporting and animal prints, p. 62
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary dark blue half morocco and publisher's printed boards.
Thirty lithographic plates of cattle, sheep, horses, donkeys and goats. Some of the plates are based on compositions in Cooper's Thirty-four subjects of Cattle, etc. (London : Thos. McLean, 1837).
- Subject Terms:
- Animals in art.Cattle in art.Cooper, Thomas Sidney, 1803-1902. Thirty-four subjects of Cattle, etc.E. Gambart & Co. -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1839.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.