The turf and the racehorse : describing trainers and training, the stud-farm, the sires and brood-mares of the past and present, and how to breed and rear the racehorse / by R.H. Copperthwaite.
- London : Day and Son, Limited, Lithographers, Printers, and Publishers, Gate Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields, late Day and Son, Lithographers to the Queen, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 330 p. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF338 .C67 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Horse and horsemanship, 205
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth, with gilt edges. Armorial bookplate: George Peabody Wetmore.
- Subject Terms:
- Day and Son -- Publisher.Horse racing.Horse trainers.Race horses -- Breeding.Race horses -- Pedigrees.Race horses -- Training.Wetmore, George Peabody -- Bookplate.
- Armorial Bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.