The diverting history of John Gilpin : showing how he went further than he intended, and came safe home again / with six illustrations by George Cruikshank, engraved on wood by Thompson, Branston, Wright, Slader, and White.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Charles Tilt, 1832
- Physical Description:
- 20 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 559Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy: Brown morocco; gold lettering on spine, original printed wrapper bound in. Bound by Riviere & Son. 6 wood engravings after George Cruikshank, with an additional set of plates on india paper, bound in. Spine height: 6 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Juvenile poetry.Horsemanship -- Juvenile poetry.Horses -- Juvenile poetry.Marriage -- Juvenile poetry.Wit and humor, Juvenile.
YCBA Collections Search
Cowper, William, 1731-1800, The diverting history of John Gilpin , 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.