A mirror of the turf, or, The machinery of horse-racing revealed : showing the sport of kings as it is to-day / by Louis Henry Curzon, author of "The blue ribbon of the turf."
- Additional Title(s):
Mirror of the turf
Machinery of horse-racing revealed
- London : Chapman and Hall, Ld., 1892.
[London] : Charles Dickens and Evans, Crystal Palace Press
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 372 pages ; 21 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF335.G7 B47 1892Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 247
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Great Britain.Horse sports -- Great Britain.
- An exercise gallop to begin with
- Beginnings of racing
- Newmarket in early days
- Other seats of horse-racing
- The L.S.D. of the turf
- Business of horse-racing. Officers of the turf
- The classic races. The St. Leger, etc.
- Notes on memorable matches
- With the prophets
- Modern betting illustrated and explained
- Racing adventures
- Racing rogueries
- The Lady Elizabeth scandal
- Racing reform. Sir J. Hawley, etc.
- Assumed names. Jockeys and their commissioners
- About the Jockey Club.