The advocate of veterinary reform and outlines of anatomy and physiology of the horse : also, a general history of the rise and progress of the veterinary science in England, with practical observations on feeding, watering, grooming, shoeing, &c. : written with a view of reforming the veterinary science, and teaching every man how to prevent disease in animals : containing, also a veterinary dictionary, selected from the works of R. White, V.S., of London, and adapted to the present state of the reformed practice in the United States, as practised by the author : with selections from the works of Youatt, Percival, and Curtis, together with remarks and observations on bloodletting, and the use of poisons, showing their destructive tendency, etc. : the fundamental principles taught in this work are, that all medicine should be given with a view of aiding the vital power, instead of depressing as heretofore / by George H. Dadd, M.D., practitioner of the physiological practice of veterinary medicine and surgery, author of "Dadd's chart of reformed practice."
- Boston : Published by the author, 1850.
- Physical Description:
- 307,  pages,  folded leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF951 .D33 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Entered according to Act of Congress, in the year 1850, by G.H. Dadd, M.D. in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the District of Massachusetts."--Title page verso.
"Stereotyped at the Boston Stereotype Foundry."--Title page verso.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 184
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original violet-pink cloth; blind stamped on front and back covers, stamped in gilt on spine. Binder's label: S. Goldsmith, 30 Cornhill, Boston.
- Subject Terms:
- Goldsmith, S. -- Binder.Horses -- AnatomyHorses -- PhysiologyVeterinary medicine -- Dictionaries.
- Wood engravings -- 1850.
YCBA Collections Search
Dadd, George H., 1813-1868, The advocate of veterinary reform and outlines of anatomy and physiology of the horse , 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.