A memoir of the Rev. John Russell and his out-of-door life / by E.W.L. Davies ; with illustrations by N.H.J. Baird, coloured by hand.
- New ed.
- London : J.G. Commin, 1902.
Chatto & Windus ; J.G. Commin, 1902.
Exeter : J.G. Commin, 1902.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 345,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 618Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "First ed. 1878; new ed. 1883; reprinted with illus. by N.H.J. Baird, 1902."
"This ed. printed for sale in England and America and illustrated by Mr. N.H.J. Baird, is strictly limited to 1000 copies."
BAC: British Art Center copy: Red cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine, gold hunting design on front cover. 12 hand-colored plates (including frontispiece). Illustrated by N.H.J. Baird. Limited edition of 1000 copies (penciled inside front cover). Spine height: 9 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Fox hunting.Hunting dogs.Russell, Jack, 1795-1883.
YCBA Collections Search
Davies, E. W. L. (Edward William Lewis), 1812-1894, A memoir of the Rev. John Russell and his out-of-door life , 1902
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.