The horse how to breed and rear him : race-horse : hunter : hack : troop-horse : draught-horse : shire-horse : carriage-horse : pony. / by William Day ; author of "The race-horse in training," "Reminiscences of the turf," etc.
- London : Richard Bentley and Son, Publishers in Ordinary to Her Majesty the Queen, 1888.
Guildford : Billing and Sons, printers
- Physical Description:
- , xxiii, , 453,  pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF291 .D39 1888Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printer's device on title page.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 236
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, 49, column 830
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-stamped green cloth. Blind stamp on front flyleaf: W.H. Smith & Son, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse breeds.Horsemanship.Horses -- Breeding.Horses -- History.Horses -- Training.W.H. Smith & Son -- Stamp.
YCBA Collections Search
Day, William, 1823-1908, The horse how to breed and rear him , 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.