De Kieffer, Eugene, Practical instructions in horsemanship , 1868
- Practical instructions in horsemanship : including hints for instruction, an essay on proper bridling, and on the method of correcting the usual defects in the working of the curb reins / by Eugene De Kieffer ... ; with illustrations.
- Philadelphia : Eugene De Kieffer, No. 309 Dugan Street, below Spruce, and above Fifteenth Streets. Riding School for Ladies and Gentlemen, 1868.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 99,  pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illustrations, portrait ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .D45 1868Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Last page blank.
The frontispiece includes a mounted albumen print depicting the author, mounted on horseback.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 210
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary grained dark brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Horsemanship.Horses -- Training.
- Lithographs -- 1868.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.