IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The horses of the British Empire , 
The horses of the British Empire / edited by Sir Humphrey F. De Trafford, Bart. ; assisted by Sir Gilbert Greenall, Bart., Sir Walter Gilbey, Bart., Lord Arthur Cecil, Tresham Gilbey, Professor J.C. Ewart, Sir Richard D. Green Price, Bart., G.S. Lowe, W. Scarth Dixon, Charles W. Tindall, T.F. Dale, J.M. Martin, R.G. Garden, Vero Shaw, Robert Brydon, T.H. Weetman and Herman Biddell. Vol. I.[-II].
- London : Walter Southwood & Co., Limited 30, Craven Street, W.C., 
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (, 286,  p. (last is blank),  leaves of plates,  pages of plates; , 245,  p. (last is blank),  leaves of plates (3 folded),  pages of plates) : ill., ports. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 660Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Publication date from Preface, p. .
Title page printed in black and red.
"Printed by Percy Lund, Humphries & Co. Ltd., The Country Press, Bradford; 3, Amen Corner, London, E.C.; and 97, Bridge Street, Manchester"--p.  at end of both vols.
Text printed in double columns.
Bound in red cloth; gilt-stamped cover vignette; gilt-stamped spine title and spine panels.
Includes bibliographical references.
Buckley, A.K. The Keeneland Association Library, 41
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books, 51, col. 908
BAC: British Art Center copy: 2 volumes. Dark red cloth; gold mare and foal on front cover, blind stamped on front and back covers and spine, gold horsehead and lettering on spine, top edge gilt. Frontispiece, plates. Spine height: 12 5/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse breeds -- Pedigrees.Horses -- Breeding -- History.Horses -- Great Britain.Horses -- Pedigrees.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.