The noble horse / Monique and Hans D. Dossenbach ; foreword by the Duke of Edinburgh.
- Additional Title(s):
König Pferd. English
- Exeter : Webb & Bower, 1985, c1983.
- Physical Description:
- 448 p. : ill. (some col.), ports. (some col.) ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285 .D67 1985+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Originally published in German as König Pferd. Translated into English by Margaret Whale Sutton.
Includes index and bibliography (p. 447).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's green cloth; silver lettering on front cover and spine. In pictorial board sleeve.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse sports.Horses -- History.Horses -- Physiology.Webb & Bower -- Publisher.
- Part I. The natural history and evolution of the horse
- Part II. The historical relationship of horse and man from the Ice Age to the Second World War
- Part III. The horse and man today
- Part IV. Glossary of equestrian terms.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.