Dunbar, J. Rimell, Park rding , 1861
- Park rding : containing instructions for acquiring the Grecian seat, the favourite and fashionable position acquired by ladies in the trot : with some remarks on the art of horsemanship / by J. Rimell Dunbar, professor of equitation.
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for, and published by the author, at Mr. Hetherington's Stables, 18, Connaught Terrace, Hyde Park, 1861.
London : F. Shoberl, Printer, 51, Rupert Street, Haymarket, W.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 24, 23-94,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF309 .D86 1861Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With leaf inserted in Signature C containing pages *23 and 24*.
With "Opinions of the press (1st. edition)" printed on blue-green paper on 1 folded sheet tipped in following page 94.
Edition statement at head of title.
Printer's statement from foot of page 94.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original dark blue-green cloth; blind stamped on front and back covers, gold lettering on front cover and spine. Bookplate: Union Club, Brighton. Presented by [illegible] H. Willockby. Dec. 1874.
- Illustrations: Lady on horseback -- Park scene -- The Grecian seat -- Starting in the canter -- Position of hands -- Passaging -- The hand gallop -- The united seat.
- Subject Terms:
- Horsemanship -- Great Britain.Horsemanship -- Study and teaching.Union Club, Brighton -- Bookplate.Women -- Social life and customs -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- 1861.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.