A famous fox-hunter : reminiscences of the late T.A. Smith, Esq., or, The pursuits of an English country gentleman / by Sir John E. Eardley-Wilmot, Bart.
- Additional Title(s):
Pursuits of an English country gentleman
- Fifth and cheaper edition, with portrait and other illustrations.
- London : Sampson, Low, Marston & Company Limited, St. Dunstan's House, Fetter Lane, Fleet Street, E.C., 1893.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 212 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCT788.S68 W44 1893Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Published in 1860 under the title: "Reminiscences of the late Thomas Assheton Smith".
Frontispiece portrait of Thomas Assheton Smith engraved by W. Holl, after Cooper.
With wood-engraved illustrations by Dalziel and Whymper.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original pictorial boards. Commercial advertisements inside front and back covers and  page at end. Publisher's advertisements, 30,  pages at end, not included in pagination.
- Subject Terms:
- Gentry -- Great Britain -- Biography.Hunters -- Great Britain -- Biography.Smith, Thomas Assheton, 1776-1858.
- Engravings -- 1893.
Wood engravings -- 1893.
- Illustrations: Portrait of Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq.
- Hall table at Tedwoth House
- Portrait of "Gayman"
- Part of principal entrance to stables at Tedworth
- Foxes' heads on kennel door at Tedworth
- Mr. Smith's steam yacht "Sea-Serpent," from a drawing in the library at Tedworth
- Thomas Assheton Smith, Esq. on "Ayston" with Dick Burton, his huntsman, and some favourite hounds.