Faden, William, 1749-1836, The United States of North America, with the British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784, 1793
- The United States of North America, with the British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784 [cartographic material] / engrav'd by Wm. Faden, 1793.
- Alternate Title(s):
- British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784
- [London] : Published as the Act directs, Feby. 11, 1793, by Willm. Faden, Geographer to the King, Charing Cross, 1793.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 53 x 63 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3lYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale ca. 1:6,500,000 -- (W 107⁰00ʹ00ʺ--W 51⁰00ʹ00ʺ/N 51⁰00ʹ00ʺ--N 23⁰00ʹ00ʺ).
- Hand colored.
Prime meridian: London.
Relief shown pictorially.
This issue includes 5 color references and a 9-line note about the St. Croix River, but does not contain the 3-line note about Florida mentioned by Henry Stevens and Roland Tree in "Comparative cartography" (Chapter 2, Mapping of America / R.V. Tooley, p. 100).
BAC: British Art Center copy: Color map, unmatted, uneven, 21 9/16 inches x 27 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- United States -- Boundaries -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.United States -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- United States -- 1793.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.