The United States of North America, with the British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784 [cartographic material] / engrav'd by Wm. Faden, 1793.
- Additional Title(s):
British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784
- [London] : Published as the Act directs, Feby. 11, 1793, by Willm. Faden, Geographer to the King, Charing Cross, 1793.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : hand col. ; 53 x 63 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio C 2010 3lYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale ca. 1:6,500,000 -- (W 107⁰00ʹ00ʺ--W 51⁰00ʹ00ʺ/N 51⁰00ʹ00ʺ--N 23⁰00ʹ00ʺ).
- Hand colored.
Prime meridian: London.
Relief shown pictorially.
This issue includes 5 color references and a 9-line note about the St. Croix River, but does not contain the 3-line note about Florida mentioned by Henry Stevens and Roland Tree in "Comparative cartography" (Chapter 2, Mapping of America / R.V. Tooley, p. 100).
BAC: British Art Center copy: Color map, unmatted, uneven, 21 9/16 inches x 27 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- United States -- Boundaries -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.United States -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.
- Maps -- United States -- 1793.
YCBA Collections Search
Faden, William, 1749-1836, The United States of North America, with the British territories and those of Spain, according to the treaty of 1784, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.