Grey, William, 1819-1872, Sketches of Newfoundland and Labrador, 1857
- Sketches of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Ipswich : Printed and published by S.H. Cowell, Anastatic Press, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- 3 leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 34 x 45 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2016 36Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The following sketches were made on the coasts of Newfoundland and Labrador in the summer of 1857."--Preface.
Illustrations by William Grey.
The preface, on the first 3 leaves of the volume, is printed letterpress. The illustrations and title leaf are printed by anastatic printing.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blue half leather with red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Labrador (N.L.) -- Pictorial works.Newfoundland and Labrador -- Pictorial works.
- Anastatic printing.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.