Edwards, Lionel, 1878-1966, A sportsman's bag , 
- A sportsman's bag / Lionel Edwards.
- London (Tavistock Street) : Country Life Press, 
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 57 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 15Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- 18 color reproductions, including frontispiece, of paintings by British artist Lionel Edwards, mounted on thick paper with deckled edges.
Introduction by Crascredo.
Edition limited to 100 autographed copies numbered 1 to 100, and 550 unsigned copies, numbered 101 to 650.
Plates are accompanied by tissue guardsheets with descriptive letterpress.
With an illustrated title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 617 of 650. Bound in publisher's original rust-colored cloth, black lettering on front cover; with illustrated dust jacket.
- In the Badminton country (His Grace the Duke of Beaufort, M.F.H.) -- Cubbing in the woodlands -- The King's Highway -- Rounding Tattenham Corner -- The challenge (Exmoor) -- Water of Lethe -- A hunt steeplechase -- The last chukker -- Eighteenth-century stables at Holnicote -- Partridge shooting -- A moorland gallop -- Down the water (Devon and Somerset) -- A Devon stream -- A Highland funeral -- Hind hunting. Back into Horner (Devon and Somerset) -- Nearing the end -- Hounds at exercise -- Hind hunting. The Mort (Stoke, Coombe, Devon and Somerset).
- Subject Terms:
- Country Life Press -- Publisher.Edwards, Lionel, 1878-1966.Fishing -- Pictorial works.Horse sports -- Pictorial works.Hunt riding -- Pictorial works.Hunters (Horses) -- Pictorial works.Hunting -- Pictorial works.Steeplechasing -- Pictorial works.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1926.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.