Portrait of a sport : a history of steeplechasing / ELizabeth Eliot.
- Additional Title(s):
Portrait of a sport the story of steeplechasing
- [London] : Longmans, Green and Co. ; London ; New York ; Toronto, 
- Physical Description:
- xii, 141,  p. (last is blank),  pages of plates,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 750Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Publication date from t.p. verso.
Cover title: Portrait of a sport: the story of steeplechasing.
The four leaves of plates are in color.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Brownish-purple cloth; gold lettering on front cover and spine. Color frontispiece, color plates, plates. Inscribed "To Paul with best wishes Toby." Spine height: 10 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Grand National (Horse race)Horse racing -- Great Britain -- History.Steeplechasing -- Great Britain -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.