Cruise, Colin, Pre-raphaelite drawing , c2011
Pre-raphaelite drawing / Colin Cruise.
- London : Thames & Hudson, c2011.
- Physical Description:
- 248 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6767.5 P7 C78 2011 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Published on the occasion of an exhibition The poetry of drawing: Pre-raphaelite designs, studies and watercolours held at the Birmingham Museum & Art Gallery January 29-May 15, 2011 and the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney June 17-September 4, 2011.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 237-241) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing, British -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood.Pre-Raphaelites -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.
- Drawings and drawing : a Pre-Raphaelite introduction
- The flat, the antique and the life : academic drawing and the Pre-Raphaelites
- Direct and heartfelt : early influences on Pre-Raphaelite drawing
- Studying nature attentively : Ruskin and Pre-Raphaelitism
- Drawing the circle : portraits, self-portraits and caricatures
- Pre-Raphaelite compositions : drawing history, drawing modernity
- The poetry of illustration : disseminating Pre-Raphaelite drawing in the 1850s and 1860s
- Working drawings : design and pattern from the Pre-Raphaelites to the arts and crafts movement
- The aesthetics of drawing from the 1860s to the 1890s : the Pre-Raphaelite influence.