IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Simons, M. P. (Montgomery P.), Plain instructions for colouring photographs in water colours and india ink , 1857
Plain instructions for colouring photographs in water colours and india ink : embracing full directions for colouring photographs, engravings, lithographs, etc., by the Grecian process : with a palette of flesh tints, and notes of explanation / by M.P. Simons.
- Philadelphia : Printed by T.K. & P.G. Collins, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, , 15-61,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTR485 .S56 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Frontispiece depicts a palette on which are drawn seven tints (in watercolor), keyed to coloring instructions on page 25.
"Entered, according to Act of Congress, in the year 1857, by M.P. Simons, in the Clerk's Office of the District Court of the United States, in and for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania."
Commercial advertisements, pages -; last page blank.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth. Blind stamped with title stamped in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- Great Britain.Photographs -- Coloring.Photography, Handworked.Prints -- Coloring.Watercolor painting -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1857.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.