The fox-chace , 1813
- The fox-chace : a poem.
- Lewes : Sussex Press : printed and sold by J. Baxter, 1813.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages,  folded leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK285 .F69 1813+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
First line: Hark away, Cast far behind the lingering cares of life.
Etchings by Thomas Illman.
Podeschi, J. B. Horse and horsemanship, 101
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's orignal tan quarter paer and blue paper wrappers, with printed title label.
- Plates: Streaming a slapping pace -- Switching at a rasper -- Facing a brook.
- Subject Terms:
- Baxter, J. -- Publisher.Fox hunting -- Poetry.Hunt riding.Hunting.
- Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1813.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.