Observations on the mechanism of the horse's foot : its natural spring explained, and a mode of shoeing recommended, by which the foot is defended from external injury, with the least impediment to its spring : illustrated by copperplates / by Strickland Freeman, Esq.
- London : Printed by W. Bulmer and Co. for the author, and sold by G. Nicol, bookseller to His Majesty, Pall-Mall, MDCCXCVI 
- Physical Description:
- , viii, 107,  pages, 16, 16 leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF907 .F74 1796+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Engravings by William Skelton; after G. Kirtland.
Plates duplicated in outline, and accompanied by leaves of descriptive letterpress.
Signatures: [pi]2 A-O4 P2 + 16 unsigned leaves.
English short title catalogue, T171562
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 72
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in diced calf tooled in gilt on front and back covers. Green place-marking ribbon. Lacks half-title.
- Subject Terms:
- Hoofs -- Anatomy -- Early works to 1800.Horses -- Anatomy -- Early works to 1800.Horseshoeing -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1796.
Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1796.
YCBA Collections Search
Freeman, Strickland, 1754?-1821, Observations on the mechanism of the horse's foot , MDCCXCVI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.