Hirasawa, Kyokuzan, 1733-1791, Kayō hisō, Kansei 1  shinsen
- Kayō hisō.
- Kōto [Edo] : Suhara Mohē shi, Kansei 1  shinsen.
江都 [江戶] : 須原茂兵衛梓, 寬政 1  新鐫.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF285 .H58 1789+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from preface.
With 34 woodcut illustrations.
Text and illustrations within ornamental border, outer frame (21.5 x 16.4 cm.), inner frame (20.1 x 15.0 cm.); text in 10 vertical lines.
On double leaves, oriental style (fukurotoji).
The woodblock illustrations of horses in this work were used by Commodore M. Perry in his three-volume edition of "Expedition to Japan, 1852-54."
Kokusho sōmokuroku, v. 2, p. 244 (Kayō hisō, 2-kan 2-satsu, by Hirasawa Kyokuzan, Kansei 1  kan).
BAC: British Art Center copy stitched in blackish-blue paper covers. In bright blue cloth slip-case. 34 color hand-printed woodblock illustrations.
Preface by author, 澤元愷, dated 天明己酉 .
"附錄": Vol. 2, p. [36-61].
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Early works to 1800.
- Woodcuts -- Hand-colored -- 1789.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.