Ladies in the field , 1894
- Ladies in the field : sketches of sport / edited by the Lady Greville.
- New York : D. Appleton and Company, 1894.
Edinburgh : Colston and Company, printers
- Physical Description:
- v, , 287,  pages ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV709 .L34 1894Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printer's statement from foot of page 287.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 255
"New publications."--Page .
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth, stamped in gold and silver. Armorial bookplate: Walter Jennings. Inscribed: "To Mrs. Walter Jennings, from F.C.S. 12/97. Hoping she will continue to encourage sport by her [illegible] & sympathy."
- Riding in Ireland and India / by the Lady Greville -- Hunting in the Shires -- Horses and their riders / by the Duchess of New Castle -- The wife of M. F. H. / by Mrs. Chaworth Musters -- Fox hunting -- Team and tandem driving / by Miss Rosie Anstruther Thompson -- Tigers I have shot / by Mrs. C. Martelli -- Rifle shooting / by Miss Leale -- Deer-stalking and deer-driving / by Diane Chasseresse -- Covert shooting / by Lady Boynton -- A kangaroo hunt / by Mrs. Jenkins -- Cycling / by Mrs. E.R. Penell -- Punting, by Miss Sybil Salaman.
- Subject Terms:
- Jennings, Walter -- Bookplate.Sports for women.Sports.
- Publishers advertisements.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.