A practical treatise on farriery : deduced from the experience of above forty years, in the services, of the late Sir Watkin Williams Wynn, bart., the present Earl Grosvenor, and, the present Sir Watkin Williams Wynn, bart. / by William Griffiths, Groom, at Wynnstay.
- Wrexham : Printed by R. Marsh ..., 
- Physical Description:
- , iii, , 184,  pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF955 .G75 1784Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The dedication (page ) is dated November 13, 1784.
Frontispiece engraved by W. Dickinson; after H. Bunbury.
With a final leaf headed "Subscribers names continued" in two states. State A has one name under "D" and errata for p.65, 79, 70 in that order. State B has two names under "D" and errata for p. 65, 70, 79 in that order. Some copies issued without this final leaf.
"The following remarkable nostrum was proved, when too late for the press" at foot of 2Bv. In some copies this is on a slip pasted in. In others it is printed on the leaf. The setting is the same in both cases with variation only in the rules used above and below the title.
Catchword on [a]1r is "Mr. John". A variant state has "John."
"Entered at Stationers Hall."--Foot of title page.
Signatures: [A]⁴ B-2B⁴ b².
Last page blank.
English short title catalogue, N20539
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 65
Includes a list of subscribers at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy with the errata leaf in state A. bound in contemporary mottled calf; rebacked. Inscribed: "The gift of the Revd. O. Owen, to T.B. Parker ... 1817" One page of manuscript notes on front flyleaf, "Advice to purchasers, TBP, 1821 January." With the autograph and bookplate of the Rev. Owen Owen (subscriber), of Oswestry.
- Subject Terms:
- Horses -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Owen, Owen Rev. -- Presentation inscription to T.B. Parker.Owen, Rev. -- Bookplate.Parker, T. B. -- Presention inscription from Owen Owen.
- Stipple engravings -- 1784.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
Subscribers' lists -- England -- 18th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Griffiths, William, groom, A practical treatise on farriery , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.